Kärntnerhof is the bike hotel for your mountain and road biking holidays in Bad Kleinkirchheim. The unique mountain and lake landscape of Carinthia is one huge playground for pleasure cyclist, mountain and road bikers
keen to explore the area on two wheels and spend a one-of-a-kind holiday break in Austria’s sunny south! Here, the biking season starts as early as spring and lasts late into autumn. As a certified nock/bike partner we offer full service for our bikers.
Flow Country Trail
The trailhead lies at 2,055 m above sea level amidst Carinthia’s Nockberge mountains. Nearly 970 meters difference in altitude and an average 8 % gradient will be covered on the way down to the valley. Bikers can expect scooters, piers, small drops and individual steep bends on the trail fixed with gravel.
Along the trail, novice riders and experts alike will find plenty of places to stop, catch a breath and alternative possibilities.
The 16 km long trail in the beautiful natural surroundings of Bad Kleinkirchheim is great fun and designed to offer something for riders of all ages and abilities. Add to that, there is the Bad Kleinkirchheim Bike Parcours at the Kaiserburg valley station featuring training course and pump track, perfect for practicing before finally hitting the Flow Country Trails.
See the webcams of the Bad Kleinkirchheimer Bergbahnen for an overview.
Cycling enthusiasts between the age of 11 and 18 seeking for an adventurous and sportive week alongside like-minded peers, are sure to get their share of enjoyment in the mountain biking hotel Kärntnerhof in Bad Kleinkirchheim. Brisk ascents, exciting single trails and gutsy downhill passages will make Young Rockets hearts beat faster! The bike guides of Sportschule Krainer provide coaching and advise on the bike equipment including bike checks, individual adjustment and the necessary background information. There are rental and test bikes available!
In addition to challenging outdoor tours, the Young Rocket Bike Camp gives kids the opportunity to cultivate their instinct for play on our bike course. Learn trendy jumps or try out monster roller, grass or mountain board. Fun-filled action programs such as tennis, sailing, surfing, kayaking, canoeing, archery, overnight stays at a hut and beach parties round off the unique bike adventure.
Facts and services:
- Program from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to approx. 6 p.m., lunch included
- Guided tours and cycling technique programs
- Instruction for every ability level
- Professional team of sports instructors
- Test bikes and protection gear
- Workshops and video analyses
- Additional fun and action programs
- For further services see ‘Young Rocket Camps‘
More details and price information at https://www.sportschule.at/ or +43 (0)4246 3188
We gladly provide assistance in organizing tours or finding the right equipment. Of course, there are also a range of e-bikes readily available for hire directly on site. With that extra boost and following a short 'introduction', you will be able to explore the most wonderful destinations in the Bad Kleinkirchheim region actively and comfortably.
Outdoor enthusiasts especially appreciate the Kärntnerhof’s pampering board, including rich breakfast buffet with vitality corner, lunch break with soups and salad from the buffet, afternoon pastries and 5-course dinner menu!
- Bike information corner in the hotel lobby with overview map and latest news
- 3 guided mountain bike tours each week
- 1 technical training per week
- Bike info map with a lot of pre-planned tours
- Complimentary tour maps, road books and altitude profile, GPS units
- On-site bike expertise
- Individual tour planning and advice on route selection
- Complimentary nock-bike shuttle for visitors staying in the region (only fee for bike transport)
- Bike storage protected by video surveillance with parking device
- Drying room for clothes and shoes
- E-bike washing spot
- Service area with mounting racks and tools provided
- Bike racks for road and mountain bikes in front of the hotel
- Safety first: option to take the bike into your guest room
- Laundry service
- Bike rental on the spot for an extra charge
- Programs for bike-free days
- Return pick-up service
- Sauna, steam bath, indoor pool, as well as an in-house gym
- Wide range of massage treatments offered by our wellbeing expert
- Kärntnerhof pampering board including rich breakfast buffet with vitality corner, après bike snack and tour catering service
- Sunny terrace and beautiful garden to relax
As your bike hotel in the Nockberge mountains, we will look after you and your bike during your holiday: our services range from especially bike-friendly offers and tours that appeal to all ability levels to single trail weeks, skills trainings and regional tours, all the way to Kids on Bike and bike camps for kids and teens. Starting out with us and our professional bike partners is definitely a good idea!
The mountain biking hotel Kärntnerhof in Bad Kleinkirchheim/Carinthia, has the perfect offer for any mountain biker
The Nockberge mountain region in Carinthia is criss-crossed by a network of well-signposted and secure mountain bike trails that covers hundreds of kilometers, stretching from Lake Millstätter See into the Lieser and Malta Valley all the way to Katschberg.
Summiteers will be thrilled about the ‘Nock Five’ package. Guided by a cycling professional you get the chance to experience the top five of the Nockberge mountains in a unique 4-day tour during your sports holiday in Carinthia. Be rewarded with impressive mountain panoramas and refuel over hearty delicacies, which taste even better when served on a summit!
Riders encircling the lake along the ‘Panoramatour’ will be rewarded with fantastic views over Lake Millstätter See and the surrounding mountain ranges. Especially recommended for families to shake a leg together. Demanding freeride tours amid Carinthia featuring downhill passages and single trails via Feld am See are technically more challenging. The bike center of the Krainer sports school is located in the family and sports village Feld am See. Offering a wide range of services for active holidays in Carinthia, the needs of cyclists are satisfied with bike rental, guided mountain bike tours and cycling technique training. There is also a bike shuttle service available, connecting the villages of Feld am See, Untertweng, Radenthein and Döbriach. Registration necessary the day before up until 5 p.m.
The current Nockberge region bike program can be found here. The tours are guided and put together by our bike partner, Ski & Sportschule Krainer.
Please contact the sports school directly for any queries:
Phone +43/(0)4246/3188 | email@example.com