Our hotel’s premier slopeside location in Bad Kleinkirchheim gives guests direct access to the pistes. Adjust your skis and get ready to enjoy your winter sports adventure in the Austrian Alps.
See here a selection of the most popular cross-country trails in Carinthia:
- 50 km Römerloipe circular trail – with direct access right at the Römerbad thermal spa
- 8 km of artificially snowed Römerloipe trail
- 3 km high-altitude Nockalm circular trail with panoramic views
- Nearby high-altitude trails at Falkert, Turracher Höhe or Hochrindl
Enjoy a winter hike through the Kirchheim valley to St. Oswald and reward yourself with a break in one of the inviting taverns along the way. We gladly provide you with hiking maps for your tours. The guest card allows free transportation with the ski shuttle. Those who aim even higher will be taken up to sunny winter summits! Get to know the diverse network of winter hiking trails in Carinthia and enjoy the solitude! Take advantage of the additional activity programs offered by the Bad Kleinkirchheim Sonnenschein Card, such as guided snowshoe hikes or sociable toboggan outings with the tractor taxi! We also recommend the Nockberge Biosphere Park’s winter program 2023/24 including (family) winter and snowshoe hikes.
Sledding fun awaits the whole family in Carinthia:
- 800 m toboggan run at the Kaiserburg / Wöllaner Nock
- 4 km toboggan run to the Falkerthaus and Lärchenhütte
- 4 km toboggan run next to the Poldlhütte
- Ascend to the Unterwirthütt’n by tractor taxi, before heading full speed back down on the toboggan
- Toboggan run in the Feldpannalm near Klamerhütte (Familie Klaus Kohlweiss, phone +43 676 / 9256410)
- Toboggan run near Gasthaus Thurnerhof (Family Scherzer: phone +43 4246 / 2790)
Located in the Kurpark Bad Kleinkirchheim, the ice-skating rink offers 300 square meters of skating fun. During holidays, the ice rink, an on-site equipment rental and a small bar serving drinks are open from Wednesday to Saturday from 4:30 until 8:00 p.m. and on Sundays from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. At other times, skates can be hired at the Tourismusverband Bad Kleinkirchheim during the official opening hours. Ice skating in the Kurpark is free of charge for guests and locals! If the ice thickness allows it, also the lakes Brennsee, Afritzersee or Turracher See become enchanting outdoor ice-skating arenas loved by both adults and children.
Ice-stock sport: enjoy a winter’s day with sociable rounds of ice stock sport, a traditional form of curling, on the alleys of the Sportarena Bad Kleinkirchheim.